2/06/2011

Once is Never Enough: Runway Fashion Reinterpreted for Dolls

Recently posted at Dolly Daily by Dollster are these runway fashions reinterpreted for dolls. What do you think?

2010 Dior Fall/Winter RTW
2010 "Smoke Screen" Dania Convention Centerpiece
___
2010 Dior Fall/Winter RTW
"Lady in Waiting" Dania
Berenis over at Dolly Daily posted these reinterpreted finds of the inspiration for Madame Alexander's 2011 dolls.
Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture Fall 2010
"Green With Envy" Alex
Alexis Mabille Haute Couture Fall 2010
"Black Swan" Alex
Valentino Haute Couture Fall 2011
Neo-Cissy "Poise
Valentino Haute Couture Fall 2010
Neo-Cissy "Strut"

Images in this post are individually the property of Madame Alexander (Alex, Neo Cissy) and Integrity Toys (Dania). No attribute is available for the runway images.

8 comments:

  1. They are very similar! I'd have to say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some yes, some no! Obvious, to me green Alex and strut Cissy. Don't see it for black swan Alex,lady in waiting or Poise Cissy. "you MAY have a point," is my answer for smoke screen.

    Mere similarity of line and/or materials does not automatically raise my radar. I've lived long enough to see a sameness in so many styles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... really keen observation skills Terri... theyre soo on point. others are bordering copying already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aunt Lou:
    The fashion on Lady in Waiting IMO
    is as close as one can get to a copy. I wonder why you don't see it.
    TG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tight little ruffles, stiff fabric... I guess I dislike the "copy" so much that I won't see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Jason Wu still doing the MA 16" dolls?

    Honestly if so this particularly disgusts me.

    Wu and Tonner steal often for their own lines so I'm used to it. BUT just to copy other designers work for a line you're supposedly "Designing" for another company is lazy and gross beyond belief. It cheats the people paying the "Designer" to "Design" and it demeans the Alexander company to boot.

    They don't copy, if anything the get copied.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Toyblahg: I believe that was a one-time deal MA made with Jason.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tacky and lazy I say!!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.