9/10/2010

Temporary Problems at Tonner and Effanbee Web Sites

There has been an attack virus (malware) installed on both the Tonner Doll Company and Effanbee websites.
Tonner has sent out a message informing collectors that they are working on this problem. Some joker blamed Mattel. Of course that was just a joke but this kind of activity is very frightening and happening more and more.
This is the warning I got when I went to the main Tonner website:

If that's not enough to scare the doll out of me, I don't know what would!
When arriving at the Effanbee site I don't get the same warning but the site is blocked with another warning:

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

A very interesting and informative page about this warning is posted by Google. If you are interested in learning more about malicious software, safe browsing and the warning, click here.

Tonner has informed us that Tonner Direct is NOT affected by the malware.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for posting this!! I have been kept from going to the Tonner URL by my AV program, and didn't know why..

    I am extremely interested in the new Miss Revlon ( mini Tyler) dolls since you posted the photos, and was looking for a dealer.
    I think the search can wait. :)

    Thanks again, Terri!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.