"Dolly Forever" Barbie by Christian Louboutin was announced today and Mattel is collecting names for a VIP wait list. Those whose names make it to the list are guaranteed to learn when she goes on sale. What a bunch of marketing hype. A total of 7,700 dolls will be produced worldwide for the price of $150.
The boots and shoes are very nice. The rest of the doll is average. The safari style dress is a bore and looks cheap. And the anorexic, unarticulated body of these dolls leaves me cold. There's nothing exciting about Dolly Forever above her knees.
You don't really need to get on the VIP list at all. The doll can be pre-ordered from your favorite Barbie dealer.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs