12/03/2009

Haute Doll Exclusive ~ Fashion Doll Agency Kaori - Almost Mine

Since receiving Marcella from FDA recently, I have become a fan of these dolls. I bought three separate outfits and a few days ago I ordered the Haute Doll Kaori which was the premier doll put out by Fashion Doll Agency about two years ago. The price was $149.99 and for a dressed FDA doll, that is very good.

She was delivered today by UPS. To my surprise and dismay the doll box was inside a larger box with no cushioning to take up the extra room allowing the doll box to shake, rattle and roll. The exterior plastic box sleeve had to be wiped off as it was quite dusty and soiled. OK...so it was stored for a while.

Something was moving around inside the box and I held my breath as I lifted off the cover lest I see a loose body part. What I saw was not a broken doll but she looked as if she had been hit by a car. There wasn't a straight limb in the box. It had been her handbag moving around. Kaori was not tied into the box properly and was all twisted and turned. Her shoes had one heel bent. One cheek had two good-sized rub marks under the eye; her hair was fly-away. This doll appeared to have been taken out of the box at some point.

I called Haute Doll and left a message. Then I sent an email to FDA and cc'd HD.

Shortly after sending the email I got a call back from HD. The caller acknowledged that they did have one return of that doll and perhaps that is the one that was sent to me. Perhaps? They never imagined (or checked to see) that the doll might have been deboxed.

They are sending me a different doll - which is their last one. Although when I return this one...she will be their last.


___
This is the partial text of the email I sent to FDA:

I have a question for you regarding the Haute Doll exclusive Kaori which I received from them today. I have a newer FDA doll who comes with a stand that supports the doll perfectly. This doll came with a different type of stand, is that correct?
The reason I am asking is that I received the doll very poorly secured in the box. Even the base of the stand was loose! One heel on one of the shoes is twisted....The doll I received from you was perfectly packaged.......
I am thinking that this doll had already been taken out of the box for some reason and that is the one they sold to me...or perhaps she was a return from someone.

___
I got the nicest reply from Nunzio & Jayro which follows here in it's entirety.

Bonsoir, dear Terri!
We are very happy you choose Kaori HauteDoll, she's a very sweet girl, even if she was the very first production, that's why unfortunately some details may not seem perfect.
In fact she comes without protection paper rolled around her and her stand is just the first type. But you have a very special doll indeed, 'cause her face mold is not in production anymore and she's the one who open the way to all others FashionDollAgency Girls!
About the high hill shoe, there is metal inside the leather, so it should be quite easy to have it back in the right position; we don't have those shoes anymore, but we might be able to send you another different pair! ;-)
We do hope our answer satisfy you, please, just write again for any other question whenever you need or want to.
take care!
xxx
nunzio & jayro

___
It was a pleasure and a treat to get a response from an international company that was so friendly and open. These gentlemen have moved right to the top of my list when it comes to providing customer service.

Now if only all my Tonner 16" fashions would fit these dolls........I can dream.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your experience. i am in the midst of a doll crisis myself. got petra (angelic drmz exclusive) and everything was great except for a cut starting from her navel upward diagonally and several scratches around the area! was disappointed. did the online thing which emailed me conf/rma# & said i'd get an email w/ instructions in a few. almost a month later yesterday i called AD. they apologized & said i'd get a ups call tag. got it today. sigh--i hope the next one is perfect. it's an xmas gift to myself. no prob w/ the cashmere outfit i ordered, looks great. keep us posted on your experience! thanks. i.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add that the Haute Doll representative that called was very polite and accomodating. Along with a replacement doll, she is including a return label for the first doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The FDA girls are pretty awesome. I paid 225 to get Kaori when she first came out and she was awesome. I've traded emails with Nunzio since FDA first appeared in FDQ long ago. I am thrilled they are actually being producted. They are wonderful dolls with such personality, made by nice people who care about what they create.

    Sorry your doll from HD wasn't as much ideal in it's arrival. Hopefully, the other one they send is better. HD is polite, but they could do better in customer care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Uriah: Yes, the price for Kaori was very good! I like her outfit as well so I'm hoping for a good dolly. I'm hooked on these dolls now.
    It's probably your fault. Hahaha.
    I think I will try repainting Kaori's lips as I would like to fill them out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.