This is the promotional photo that was advertised for the Michele Obama Inaugural doll. I blogged about it on June 1, 2009.
A fellow collector sent me these pictures of the actual doll that she received:
What a complete disappointment but not a surprise. When a company advertises with an artist rendering rather than a prototype or a production sample, you can be sure you will not get what you see in the ad.
Seriously, some of Mattel's $39.95 celebrity dolls have more of a resemblance to their human counterparts than this.
- Sales: Gene Marshall
- Sales: Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Props, Backdrops, Miniatures
- Sales: Tonner Doll
- Sales: Mod British Birds
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Integrity Toys Plus
- Sales: Other Dolls, BJD, Fashion, Wigs ++
- Sales: Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Madame Alexander (Cissy, Alex, Cissette)
- Sales: Sybarite