10/22/2009

Mattel's Pop Life™ Ken® Doll - Gone in the blink of an eye.

At 9:00 AM Pacific Time on October 21, Pop Life Ken by Bill Greening went on sale on the Barbie Collector website. This is a Platinum Label Collection doll which means "sequentially numbered editions of less than 1,000 worldwide, available at select retailers." It took just 11 minutes for the doll to sell out and by that time he was already being sold on eBay. Not surprising at all. The order process took me only 4.5 minutes but it felt like forever. The pages moved so slowly due to the traffic on the board. I think I was holding my breath the entire time.


The retail price was $74.95. The fourth quarter coupon was $30 bringing the price down to $44.95 for me. Shipping was only $1. Not bad for a Platinum.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. that was really FAST!!

    From the picture.. i think is the best ken doll to date..

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah... he is totally cool... would have loved to have added him to my collection.... am sorry I missed out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting a Pop Life Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't afford the BFC membership so I do see
    many club exclusive dolls I liked go without me getting them and he (next to FR's Pierre) is my current heartbreak. I wish Mattel will make more of this doll that are very similar for the regular buying public because this is the update that Ken's been needing for decades, not unlike in 1969 when the Talking ken with new mold came into the scene who I still like over superstar Ken and all the others after him until about 1999 when Blaine's mold came into the play line.

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.