Is this a picture of the doll or a picture of the real Mrs. Obama? I'm guessing it's mostly a touched up photograph. If this is what the real doll looks like, I'm getting one. She looks like she will start moving at any minute in this picture. The doll is 16" including the stand.
An exquisite, all-porcelain collector doll capturing the very essence of our nation's First Lady.
Our skilled artisans have perfectly replicated Michelle Obama's Inaugural Ball attire down to the very last detail. Her white, one-shouldered chiffon evening dress has been hand-tailored and features all of the touches that made the original gown so spellbinding.
We've also expertly re-created her stunning diamond bangles, drop earrings, and sparkling cocktail ring. The result is an elegant porcelain sculpture that radiates with the First Lady's uncommon strength and beauty.
No mention of the gown's designer, Jason Wu? How do they get away with that?
The doll retails for $149 plus $9 for shipping and handling. The website says the doll is on back order until October 2009. (Are they coming from the same factory as Valia?) That's odd. How did it get on back order if it was just released? I don't think it's even been produced and my guess is that it won't look like the picture at all.
Link to the Danbury Mint
- Sales: Gene Marshall
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: BJD LUTS 60cm Dolls: Shiwoo, El, Lishe, Miyu and BJD Books
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs