7/10/2008

4-17-08 Haute Doll Photoshoot

I just received the latest issue of Haute Doll Magazine, (June 2008). I was pleasantly surprised to see my photographs of the Jennifer Sue clothing line on several pages along with Shuang's promotional text. Shuang provided me with the poses she wanted and of course the clothes.

Picture overload this month as the FDQ Summer Glamour issue also carries an article and photography I created.

This blog entry contains several pictures which can be seen in HD.
























My take on the clothes: trendy, fun, inexpensively priced and somewhat irregular (Mattel) quality. I loved the belts, hats, knit leggings and high socks. The knit dresses and off shoulder tops are very useful and slip right on. The silver and gold "Mary Jane" platform shoes are way too large and must be worn with socks or they would fall right off. I found the quality of the boots to be poor. The zippers were irregularly placed and the finishing was not nice. The corset-belts are cute but there is too much string on the front and some should be cut off for it to look better. The same goes for the ties on the boots that have ties. I prefer these clothes on the Model Behavior dolls as opposed to the Fashion Royalty dolls although the fit would be the same except for the bustline.

I do recommend purchasing the knit pieces , pleated skirts and belts. Oh yes...I love the berets. They are just adorable!
______________________
...The following is an email I received from Shuang Huang on 7-23-08:

"Hi Terri,
How are you? I happend to see your blog, and surprised to find the following lines:

I found the quality of the boots to be poor. The zippers were irregularly placed and the finishing was not nice. The corset-belts are cute but there is too much string on the front and some should be cut off for it to look better

I'd like to tell you, that's not true. I have told you the boots I sent to you just for photography purpose(I ran out of boots at that moment, and I had to meet the magazine deadline, boots were the bad choice under the condition of no choice), I got a few defective products and I didn't sell them. Also, the boots you got are the first time the manufactuer used zippers for 12 inch girl boots, and I found the problems and have discussed this with the factory. The second time released zipper boots become very high quality, you don't find the same problem anymore. The zipper boots I am selling to customers now got no complains at all, I have sold many boots and shoes, if there are problems, I would get many bad feedback and returning. As matter of fact, many of my customers are comeback customers. I don't know how many people read your blog, but it's quite misleading, and I hope you can correst these comments.
By the way, you are saying my clothings are mattle quality, you mean playline Barbie dolls, I think that's misleading again. I have brought some Barbie, the fabric they are using is polyester or not 100% cotton. My cotton fabric are all 100% cotton and brought from an local fabric store near my home (more than $10 per yard), and mailed to manufacturers.
Thanks. Again, thank you for your nice photos.
Shuang"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.